Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving
is my favorite HOLIDAY!
I can remember back a very long way!
The holiday that stands out in my memories the most,
is Christmas (of course!!).
As I have matured beyond Christmas stuff, as when I was a kid,
I have come to understand that THANKSGIVING is my favorit-est one of all.
Since I can remember, the whole house was filled with amazing smells of cooking.
The Turkey was always HUGE! The table was spread with the most delicious things imaginable! Home-made golden brown, extra puffy, hot rolls just waiting for a generous pat of home-made butter and jam; perfect dressing made from day old corn bread, green beans, sweet corn off the cob, red jello filled with fruit and nuts (always a crowd pleaser);
Cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and gravy; and home made pies……lots of pies!

There was always much more food….too much to list and too much to eat! Nevertheless, we ate and gorged ourselves like there was no tomorrow! Not much has changed in that department. Sure, I can’t eat ALL that I would like, but I get plenty! The smell of THANKSGIVING will be forever etched in my memories. Every year those smells come alive on Thanksgiving Day!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day. The house will be filled with those memory-making smells again! We have a HUGE Turkey that I will be preparing in the morning. We have my daughter’s family coming over, bringing my sweet Great Grandbaby Girl so her Great-Papa can hold her. All in all, we are feeding about 20 tomorrow afternoon! It will be fun! We are excited! You know, the next best thing to eating all those delicious foods is anticipating the SMELL!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, especially you whom I love!

1 comment:

Statcounter

Followers