Sunday, October 03, 2010


IT’S NO SECRET…..

I do love the mountains! Backpacking trips into high mountain country is my favorite vacation! To lift your eyes towards the high country one day and then relax in a soft chair with hot coffee in the cool, early morning sunrise, watching the first rays of sun light up the mountain tops and fog covered valleys far below, the next day; there’s nothing like it! I wish everyone could experience such a memorable event!

For the most part, my experiences usually left me with a desire…..no….a longing, to return for the sequel. Trips that make you long to return are usually trips that made a positive impact. Rarely did I ever find the opposite to be true. I can only remember two of those; even then, it was a poor choice of trails. Better planning could have fixed that!

My fourth trip out this year was one of those difficult trails. As I grow older, I find it more difficult to get into the shape I need to make backpacking easier. The leg muscles seem to always be sore, never getting strong. I tire more easily now. I’m sure the day will come when the backpacking will end. In my mind, I would love to hike forever (and perhaps I will). In reality, until the end comes, I will continue to do my best and experience the most amazing vistas I can find.

The Enchantments was my destination a couple of weeks ago. Although the weather turned sour with rain and fog, it was a memorable experience! The steepest trail I had ever encountered was this one! The Aasgard Pass is one to remember! You should try it!

More on this hike later….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Statcounter

Followers