Monday, July 03, 2006

It has been a while since my last blog post. It’s not like my life is so boring that there’s nothing to write about…..it’s that I’ve been busy. Sometimes I find myself seriously occupied and there isn’t room enough inside my head to “think”.

Aaron continues to improve with the Chemo treatments. However, the drugs and radiation treatments continue to drag him down, creating other problems that he must try to deal with. Those of you who have had to endure Chemo know more about that than I do. But the boy is in good spirits! That’s a plus! He has a great attitude and faces every day with strength and determination. He always has a smile on his face. His family dynamics have changed and everyone needs to conform to the new “atmosphere”. The house must be kept clean, as germ-free as possible, and visitors must use hand sanitizer to avoid spreading germs to him. He can’t do a lot of the things he used to do. I think he misses running the most. His appetite has increased and he “puts away the groceries”. He has lost most of his hair now and wears hats to cover up the evidence. We just returned from Europe and brought him back several ball caps from various places.

His strength and sickness level varies from day to day. As much as he enjoys getting outside and doing something, oftentimes he can’t. He wasn’t at church yesterday because he wasn’t feeling very good.

So…..what can you do??

Prayer is the best that any of us can do right now. A lot of people have been praying for him. This is very helpful to his recovery. His blood count is better and the cancer is being destroyed. He still has a long time to go with the Chemo. Send him a card, make a phone call, or even a visit is encouraging.

My thanks to the many who have been praying for Aaron. May god bless your life for taking the time to encourage my Grandson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Statcounter

Followers