Wednesday, October 25, 2006


Funny

thing

about LAUGHING…….

You can’t help yourself!
It’s impossible to hold back!
It stretches your face!
Your eyes squint half closed!
You make this weird cackling sound!
Sometimes your eyes water so much you start to cry!
You jiggle like jelly!
Often makes you bend over!
Sometimes you do the knee-slapper thing!
Sometimes you lay down and roll over like Rover, holding your belly like your insides are coming out while your roar with joy.

Laughing is supposed to be good for the soul. It’s like a healing balm to the inner most parts of your body. Some say that those who laugh often are physically healthier. There are those serious faces out there who seldom laugh at anything. If they do, it’s usually something they say themselves!

People who laugh are more fun to be around. Who wants to sit there and visit with “sour grapes”? People are drawn to the crowd over in the corner who laughs out loud. They want to see what’s going on and to be a part of the joy!

I always enjoy a good laugh. I’m not what you would call a “belly-laugher” so much. I do enjoy funny jokes and stories, as well as the next guy. Sometimes my humor is dry and you have to be listening closely to “get it”. I think I got that from my Mom’s side. My Uncle Dean was always funny! His son, Mike, inherited his Dad’s wit and humor. I suppose that’s my source, but I’m not sure. It’s certainly not from my Mom or Dad or Grandma or Grandpa on Dad’s side.

I was trying to download a Permit Form from the City of Longview, Washington the other day and ran across some funny reasons to tax people! It has always been intriguing to see inventive ways that Cities and Counties across the country have made laws that affect our lives in a funny, but costly, way. This is dry type humor that makes me smile.

Did you know that in the City of Longview, to have a school auction you have to get a License ($30) and the teacher who is the Auctioneer must pay $25?

If you want live music at your Cabaret, you must pay $10?

Dance Permits are required within the City Limits, including Teenage Dances. $10 per dance.

You must have a Circus License if you want to have a Circus……I wonder if this applies to the City Government….?

You have a Jukebox? The Jukebox Tax is $30.

Your political sign in your yard will cost you $50, but you get it back when you remove the sign!

How about a Sound Truck License for $5? I wonder if that applies to Rap Music from the kid in the car next to yours.

Want to have a Tupperware Party in Longview? Get a Special Sales License!

Want to be a Taxi Driver in Longview? It will cost you $3 per year!

I think Longview should vote on a Bureaucrat Tax and gig ‘em for $10 for each event, each hand wave, and each time their lips move!

That’s the way I see it……..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Statcounter

Followers

Blog Archive