Thursday, October 19, 2006


I love to hike...

I wish I had discovered the joys of hiking and backpacking years ago! I remember hiking around the Mt Hood area and Lost Lake years ago. Somehow I failed to be impressed with how much fun it was!

I am not a "loner" hiker. Where's the fun in hiking by yourself? Things discovered need to be shared with others. I enjoy the backpacking adventures with my friends, no doubt about that! But I really enjoy hiking with my woman. She's beginning to work towards more hiking adventures. Although we
need to keep them short and fun, (there are no "potties" in the woods), she manages to impress me with her strength.

We conquered Lost Lake Butte this summer. I admired her for doing that one! I also think she was proud of herself for not giving up when she thought about it! I was!

Last week for my birthday, she booked us a 3rd floor suite at Bonneville Hot Springs Resort. Our balcony had a Hot Tub on the deck that looked out towards a secluded wooded view of the Fall colored hills. The Hot Tub was filled with hot springs water that felt wonderful. I spent a lot of time soaking in that swirling 104 degree bath of
mineral water.

We came in on Friday. She had booked me a 50 minute Swedish massage in the resort spa at 4:00. I emerged from that onslaught, I could barely walk! My body was like Jello! From there it was into the Hot Tub a while. I was so relaxed a bomb could have gone off in the courtyard and I would have barely noticed!

From there, I began to open the 60 gifts she bought for me! Yes....60!

Dinner was great, then back to the suite for more Hot Tubbing. I slept like a baby. Breakfast came after two more Hot Tub soakings. They had the BEST Bacon......

We checked out at noon and drove West on Highway 14. We stopped at Beacon Rock where we decided to hike to the top! Yes, my woman and I hiked to the top of Beacon Rock! Fun times!

We returned home to find a surprise birthday party awaiting for me! All my "daughters" were there to surprise me with very nice cards, hugs and food!

That evening we went to a leadership dinner where I received more "pats on the back" and great food!

It was a fine weekend......a fine day!

Oh, and yes, I turned 60.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, sounds like a GREAT time. Especially the 60 gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Statcounter

Followers

Blog Archive