Wednesday, February 28, 2007

TEST ME AND SEE....

The joys of job hunting aren’t what they are cracked up to be! I find it’s rather tiring to negotiate for everything, even if I am in a Union, where the Union is supposed to fight for me. Ironically, the Union isn’t even going up to BAT for me! I’ve been doing that on my own!

I have been in contact with 3 Mechanical Contractors; trying to sell myself. I suppose I’m like every other “Joe” out there who thinks he’s worth more than the offer. If they would just put me on the payroll and try me out, I could prove to them what I’m worth. Apparently, they aren’t biting today!

This reminds me of the passage of scripture in Malachi 3:10 that talks about our responsibility to “tithe” to the Lord. He says, “Bring the whole tithe into the store-house, that there may be food in my house, and test me now in this”, says Yahweh of hosts. “if I will not open you the windows of heaven and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough for.”

I know many Christians who have little faith to believe that passage and actually put it to the test in their lives. I have been saying to potential employers, “test me and see…”. I am NOT God who can most certainly “deliver”. I am but a man who can only do his best.

I say, “try me and see”. I bet you have thought this of yourself, also. Right? I am convinced that God will supply me with a blessing.


So, how is your giving??

1 comment:

  1. I am sure job hunting is not fun. I hope by now you have been found by a deserving company. It does seem like most companies now days don't want to pay for good help. Good luck!! We have a nibble on our place that has some potential. Later....

    ReplyDelete

Statcounter

Followers